What you say matters.        What you don't say matters.        PARENTS MATTER...


What can I do to keep my child alcohol free?

  • Refuse to provide alcohol for anyone under age 21

  • Refuse to provide a place for anyone under age 21 to drink

  • Model responsible behavior

  • Learn more about what is going on with kids and alcohol

  • Donít be swayed by what other parents are doing

  • Limit alcohol at your own adult parties

  • If you think your child is drinking - Address the issue

  • Be supportive of your children - Donít criticize their decisions

  • Share your expectations

  • Let children know they can talk to you about anything

  • Ask your children their opinions on alcohol and drug issues

Parents Matter Coalition of Pierre/Fort Pierre
800 E. Dakota
Avera/St. Mary's Hospital
Pierre, SD 57501
(605)224-3189 or (605) 222-0638
Fax: (605) 224-8339

Paid for in part by: SD Office of Highway Safety and Strategic Prevention Framework - State Incentive Grant

What can I do to keep my child alcohol free? | Where can I go for additional information? | What influence does my community have regarding underage alcohol and drug use? | What you say matters. | How you say it matters. | Home